2020 emergency funding
In March 2020, the Benton Community Foundation established a COVID-19 Response Fund to provide emergency grants to local charitable organizations affected by the pandemic. Since then, BCF raised and granted back into the community more than $443,000. Emergency grants supported 31 organizations in Corvallis, Philomath, Alsea, Monroe, Blodgett, and North Albany, including childcare providers, food banks, senior meal programs, transitional shelters, and other critical services for children and families.
BCF waived its administrative fees for all contributions to the response fund.
Thank you to the many individuals, families, businesses, and community groups who supported this effort. Special thanks to the Benton County Commissioners for their substantial commitment to this important work.
BCF continues to support nonprofits as they confront pandemic-related challenges. To support the effort, consider making a tax-deductible contribution to the BCF Community Giving Fund, which provides grants to local nonprofits during the Foundation’s annual competitive grant cycle.
Emergency Grant Recipients
- ABC House
- Alsea Community Effort
- Alsea Food Bank – Jeni’s Place
- Alsea Valley Gleaners
- Boys & Girls Club of Corvallis
- CASA – Voices for Children
- Casa Latinos Unidos
- Center Against Rape & Domestic Violence
- Coastal Range Food Bank, Inc.
- Corvallis Community Children’s Centers
- Corvallis Daytime Drop-In Center
- Corvallis Housing First
- Corvallis Public Schools Foundation
- Corvallis Sustainability Coalition – It’s on Us Corvallis
- Dial-A-Bus Inc.
- First Congregational United Church of Christ – Safe Place Program
- First United Methodist Church – Room at the Inn
- Jackson Street Youth Services
- Mary’s River Gleaners
- Old Mill Center for Children & Families
- Philomath Community Services
- Philomath Youth Activities Club
- South Benton Food Pantry
- Stone Soup Corvallis, Inc.
- Strengthening Rural Families
- Trillium Family Services
- Unitarian Universalist Fellowship of Corvallis – Corvallis Men’s Shelter
- United Way of Benton and Lincoln Counties
- We Care of Corvallis and Benton County
Additional community resources
Updates on COVID-19 from Benton County
Updates from the Oregon Health Authority
How to support local businesses – Guide from Corvallis Economic Development Office
Benton County Recovers – Assistance resources and updates
Coronavirus.gov – Updates from the federal government